Training & Development Coordinator | Location: Hyderabad and Chennai
Job Type: Job (permanent)
Closing Date: August 20, 2019
The position will overwhelmingly have a local travelling role within the allocated cities of Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune and Mumbai leading to training and development of every staff in the face to face team with modules that relates to direct and tangible improvement and progress lives of the staff constituting the face to face fundraising team. The vision of creating “enlightened fundraisers” will have its foundation and building blocks aligned by the training and development unit and see it evolving and taking shape into its fullest form.
|Location:||Chennai and Hyderabad|
|Reports To:||Manager - Training & Development|
|Travel:||Travel within the city and to other cities|
|Annual Salary (CTC):||390606|
The training and development coordinator of every face to face fundraising city of Amnesty International India will form the training and development unit. The unit plays a crucial role in building enlightened fundraisers. The coordinators will focus on the implementation of the modules developed for the enlightened fundraisers project that calibrates the face to face fundraising team’s performance by providing in-depth inputs to the personal and professional potential of the staff. The coordinator tangibly brings growth in the personality of the individuals in the team by imparting high levels of human rights knowledge, capacity building and skills training for staff in the face to face team. It also involves working in close collaboration with multiple functions and positions within and outside the fundraising team. The position reports to the training and development officer and ensures that the face to face executives are adequately equipped and motivated in personal and professional capacity to achiever their targets. The city managers, team leaders, outreach coordinators and trainers work in close collaboration in delivering the training modules through the in house training session as well as in the on-site sessions.
- Imparting high levels of human rights knowledge for the face to face recruiters (specifically Amnesty’s national and global programme of work)
- Assist the city manager by playing a role in the hiring interview process
- A full-fledged end to end induction for every new recruiters joining the team in phases and with refresher courses with parallel help from the team leaders and city managers
- Creating a dynamic office environment on par with Amnesty standards with innovative notice boards and creatively building a story filled space that serves as a training room
- Personality development and skills training for recruiters creating better oratory skills, conviction while speaking, negotiation, gestures, building an argument and body language training
- Work in close collaboration with multiple individuals- team leaders, face to face managers, outreach coordinators, project teams and other departments to ensure timely training of necessary campaigns; timely and regular gathering of updates; maintaining an answered version of difficult questions from the streets; contribute in content development of training and development materials; smooth functioning of the city
- Create unique and innovative training kits, activities, follow up progress reports and maintain individual records of recruiters; quality trainings improvised based on feedback and suggestion received
- Script creation and simplified content giveaways for the face to face fundraisers for learning and practicing fundraising pitching
- Reducing the no show rate and attrition rate on agreed targets for the same bringing in long term support
- Speak to prospects during the twice a week location visits to understand the relevance and modifications required for the scripts
- People development- Identify gaps in implementation and recommend further training needs to line manager; staff retention and motivation of recruiters
- Be the point of contact for the recruiters to fall back on any content related doubts
- Accompany the recruiters for relevant outreach opportunities in addition to customized outreach training
- Flexibility to match and prepare new suggestions for training from across the department
- Quality- Ensure adherence to all policies and statutory needs, standard operating procedures, adequate dissemination of information around guidelines, principles, policies and campaigns.
- Any other responsibility as assigned by the line manager.
Key Performance Indicators
- Training hours per month
- of staff trained
- of modules of training completed
- Field visits (minimum twice a week) for onsite mentoring plus outreach visits
- Areas of excellence demonstrated by recruiters with inputs from the trainings
- Areas of improvement worked on for the recruiters
- Delivering multiple customised training modules for different stages in the fundraiser’s life (starting from orientation)
- Progress and monitoring of the development plan for all recruiters and TLs in the individual fundraising team
- Regular review and updating of all relevant scripts
- Bringing in creativity and innovations on training deliverable
- Improving No Show rate and increasing the debit ratio of recruiters
- Helping the TLs to create a cadre of second line leadership
Skills and Requirements
The position will be driven by wanting to ensure the individual fundraising team takes a direction of high performance and build an excellent return, and the team is highly developed to deliver with adequate capacity and knowledge built. The position will also need to be fascinated by how it can inspire the staff to motivate the prospects to support our unique approach to protect rights for a long term.
- Experience of two years with a track record of delivering successful training programmes for personal and professional skills
- Very strong understanding of direct sales
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, ability to work in and team and to take a leadership role.
- Cultural sensitivity – the ability to work effectively cross culturally and adapt communications style as needed to foster collaboration.
- Excellent communication skills in English + Tamil / Telugu
- Creative, innovative and vibrant in personality and thinking
- Strong coordination and project management skills
- Ability to deliver in a highly competitive revenue goals
Download the affirmative action form here: LINK
Conflict of Interest
Public or other activity, affiliation to or support for any group or organization, personal association or other factor which may generate a real or perceived conflict of interest with Amnesty International’s principles (specifically independence and impartiality), or raise a security concern, or otherwise prevent the candidate from carrying out key functions of the specific post and would therefore disqualify the candidate from being appointed.