Programme Officer – Human Rights Education (HRE)
Job Type: Job (permanent)
Closing Date: September 20, 2019
|Reports To:||Manager - HRE|
|Travel:||Extensive travel within India|
|Annual Salary (CTC):||680060|
The program officer works with the HRE team and reports to the Manager – Human Rights Education, in order to facilitate implementation and scale up of the existing HRE programme in India. The position involves program development, networking, facilitation and execution of plans in the educational space in collaboration with relevant civil society partners.
The position will require an energetic, experienced and focused individual who will passionately work towards implementing the programme in schools, communities and other educational spaces. It requires strong facilitation and campaigning skills, understanding of government programs and knowledge on content creation for a diverse population.
- Work closely with the Manager – HRE to constantly refine strategies of the HRE program in India (Networking, Coordination, Campaign, Training and Content Creation)
- Constantly monitor and analyse developments in the field and undertake timely course corrections and adopt required changes in the plan for achieving its goal.
- Ensure smooth operation and implementation of all programmatic elements in collaboration with the relevant partners.
- Manage the relationship with the government and civil society partners.
- Network & liaise with Government authorities, NGOs and civil society organizations, other partners, media and vendors for services required for effective programme implementation.
- Build capacities of faculty members, teachers, master trainers, volunteers, partner organization, ICDS Staff and communities on program facilitation and Human rights.
- Develop innovative campaigns and implementation modules for introducing programs and issues in the program to the stakeholders.
- Maintain a documentation of the HRE work and provide programmatic content and regular updates to the Communication and Social media team for social media posts.
- Ensure ownership and buy-in over programme strategy by other HRE team members.
- Ensure facilitation of the programme logistics in coordination with other team members.
- Collaborate, coordinate and integrate efforts with other members in HRE and teams within AI India.
Skills and Requirements
- Strong passion and belief in rights based education.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the relevant field.
- Experience in diverse curriculum development and teacher trainings.
- Experience and familiarity of working with Government Educational Institutions.
- Excellent on spot judgment, and the ability to spot and address both risks and opportunities
- The ability to evolve innovative campaigns; experience of using online and offline activism techniques and a range of digital channels to achieve campaign objectives.
- Should be individually driven and also be able to function in teams.
- The ability to inspire and motivate a wide range of people; Ability to operate and lead under pressure and in challenging situations;
- Demonstrable project management skills, including ability to multi-task, work under pressure, managing budgets; and adjusting priorities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and in one Indian language.
Download the affirmative action form here: LINK
Conflict of Interest
Public or other activity, affiliation to or support for any group or organization, personal association or other factor which may generate a real or perceived conflict of interest with Amnesty International’s principles (specifically independence and impartiality), or raise a security concern, or otherwise prevent the candidate from carrying out key functions of the specific post and would therefore disqualify the candidate from being appointed.