Campaigner – Women’s Rights
Job Type: Job (permanent)
Closing Date: May 22, 2019
The position holder is expected to plan and implement strategic campaigning and advocacy related to gender and identity based violence in India.
|Reports To:||Manager - Women's Rights|
|Annual Salary (CTC):||680060|
- Respond to cases of gender and identity based violence through reactives such as press release, social media mentions;
- Campaign on issue of gender and identity based violence using research findings, online mobilization and community engagement, networking with civil society organizations and movements, media and documentation;
- Assist in developing short and long term research, campaign and advocacy plan;
- Conduct / organize workshops and dialogues related to gender and identity based violence;
- Monitor human rights abuses by collecting and analyzing information from a wide variety of sources including governments, media, NGOs, survivors, families, witnesses, journalists, police and others in the field, as required;
- Ensure media visibility for gender-related issues and campaigns through visual documentation and writing on current and emerging issues
- Establish a strong network with gender rights movements and organizations in India
- Develop relationships and work closely with relevant NGOs, CBOs and other organizations to ensure that AI India’s work complements and enhances their own work, and establish strategic partnerships
Skills and Requirements
- Demonstrated interest and experience in issues related to women’s rights in India
- Relevant experience working with communities (organising/mobilising) for at least 5 years
- Experience of research and advocacy
- Demonstrated ability to analyse gender issues and organising events
- Good writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to think strategically and exercise sound political judgement
- Ability to represent AI India to a variety of external stakeholders, to present ideas clearly, and advance compelling written and verbal arguments in English and other regional languages (desirable).
- Experience of interviewing and dealing in an appropriate manner with witnesses and survivors of human rights violations, as well as with senior government officials, policy makers, and law enforcement officials; and
- Experience of working in a team, and contributing to setting priorities, motivating oneself and others, and resolving team conflicts.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: Masters in humanities, social sciences or law.
Send in a cover letter of not more than 500 words explaining how you think you can make a difference in this position for Amnesty International India, along with your updated resume and filled in affirmative action form, which can be downloaded here to [email protected] by 22nd May, 2019. Please include “Campaigner – Women’s rights, Bengaluru” in the subject line of your email. Applications without the filled in Affirmative Action Form will not be accepted. Interested candidates are requested to apply at the earliest as we will begin the selection process as soon as we start receiving applications.
Download the affirmative action form here: LINK
Conflict of Interest
Public or other activity, affiliation to or support for any group or organization, personal association or other factor which may generate a real or perceived conflict of interest with Amnesty International’s principles (specifically independence and impartiality), or raise a security concern, or otherwise prevent the candidate from carrying out key functions of the specific post and would therefore disqualify the candidate from being appointed.