Associate – Corporate Partnerships | Location: Chennai
Job Type: Job (permanent)
Closing Date: July 31, 2019
The purpose of this position is to create and implement various activities to maintain and expand relationships with assigned partners to upscale fundraising capacity. The position will be responsible for implementing multiple activities around the deliverables mentioned below.
|Reports To:||Manager- Outreach and Partnerships & City Manager|
|Travel:||Extensive travel within India|
|Annual Salary (CTC):||390606|
Implement outreach program and events for individual fundraising by securing permissions to venues like corporate offices, malls, shopping markets, strategic public places, institutions, events etc. for Face to Face fundraisers to sign up supporters/donors.
The core purpose of this position is to create and manage the relationship with various channel partners for individual fundraising. The position reports directly to the Manager – Outreach and Partnerships and for day to day activities to the City Manager of the respective Region. The position requires extensive local travel and moderate national travel.
- Meet assigned targets of cold calls, emails, meetings, outreach activities and donors acquired through activities;
- Develops a database (given territory) of qualified venues through various sources like internet, referrals, telephone, direct visits, cold calling & networking.
- Establishes and maintains productive, professional relationships with key personnel in partner organizations and create new accounts – involves frequent visits to meet partners in order to maintain good relations.
- Implement various activities to coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations;
- Implement planned activities with partners to meet mutual performance objectives and financial targets;
- Proactively address partner needs on an ongoing basis;
- Ensures partner compliance with agreements;
- Any other areas of business identified in future to boost return on investment
- Close collaboration and participation in branch office activities
Key Performance Indicators:
- Cold Calls- Over 200 reached calls per month (10 new calls per day)
- Follow Up Calls- As required. (To be tracked)
- Emails- Over 50 customized emails to potential partners per month.
- Meetings- Over 20 scheduled/ direct meetings with potential partners per month, one day a week for direct/cold visits and to gather data to establish a robust database.
- Outreach Events- Over 6 events per month facilitated by the Outreach Coordinator in line with the defined parameters to meet the monthly targets.
- Database: Maintain and develop a robust database of potential partners to call, email, meet etc. A minimum of 30 new organizations to be added to the database every month based on data gathered through direct visits. The database must consist of 60% corporate organizations, 30% tech parks, malls etc. and 10% of events.
- Man Days- The number of fundraisers allocated to the event* number of days of the event. Target as per monthly city plan.
- Donors Acquired (Sign Ups)- Donors acquired by the face to face fundraising team through the events facilitated by the Outreach Coordinator. In line with monthly targets.
|The position is responsible for maintaining relationships with the following stakeholders in order to achieve the goals of the Outreach team.|
|Contacts: who (individuals, organisations or networks)||Frequency||Purpose and type of communication required (e.g. exchanging information, advising, persuading, negotiating)|
|Principal Coordinator Outreach and Partnerships||Daily||To seek input on work when required. Weekly 1-1’s to discuss performance and troubleshooting if any, Fortnightly to discuss plans for the month and plan for the next month. Work together to execute new campaigns and strategies to achieve targets.|
|City Manager||Daily||Updates on daily KPI’s and functioning. Weekly updates on upcoming planned events, Fortnightly discussion and presentation of plans. Work together to achieve city targets.|
|Team Leaders||Regularly/Daily||To present monthly plans during team meetings, as required to coordinate the planning and execution of events.|
|Senior Manager (Face to Face)||Regularly||To input on city plans for the month. To advise on opportunities available in the city to boost productivity.|
|National Manager (Face to Face)/ Deputy Director (Fundraising)||As required||To troubleshoot/ dispute management/ input on plans where required.|
|Training and Development Team||As required||Exchange and update information on the coaching/training activities.|
|FR Assistant||As required||To organize materials and resources required for events in a timely manner.|
|Programmes Team||As required||To get updates/ information on campaigns where specifically requested by partners.|
|Ops, Admin and HR||As required||To process reimbursements, travel bookings, and to engage with the organization as a whole.|
|Corporate/Tech Park/Mall Point’s of Contact||Daily||The corporate/ public venues contribute significantly towards our FR objective and have to be persuaded to provide the venue without payment.|
|Event companies||Regularly||We work with these companies to create events for us. Creative brief and target audience has to be explained for them to develop events|
|Exhibitions||Regularly||Some of the exhibitions work well for fundraising and normally they are available only of fee-based and it needs some persuasion to get them to agree to give the stalls for free.|
Skills and Requirements
- Excellent communication skills; writing and spoken in English.
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong selling attributes
- Preferably 2 to 3 years of exposure in non- profit fundraising or other channel sales or lead generation functions.
Download the affirmative action form here: LINK
Conflict of Interest
Public or other activity, affiliation to or support for any group or organization, personal association or other factor which may generate a real or perceived conflict of interest with Amnesty International’s principles (specifically independence and impartiality), or raise a security concern, or otherwise prevent the candidate from carrying out key functions of the specific post and would therefore disqualify the candidate from being appointed.