Applications are now open for ‘Conversations 2018’: Amnesty International India’s Youth and Media Conclave.
‘Conversations 2018’ is a conclave that brings together leaders and change-makers from across the nation to discuss the following human rights issues that are relevant to contemporary India:
- Confronting the threat posed by online violence against women
- Gender identity and Bollywood: Stereotyping LGBTI people in film
- Communal violence and communal harmony in contemporary India
- Shrinking space for dissent: Freedom of expression in the time of hyper-nationalism
- Restoring trust in the era of “fake news”
- Media ownership and its impact on editorial independence.
At this conclave, we will discuss the participation of youth and the role of media in promoting human rights and generate a dialogue with a panel of experts.
Six outstanding young speakers will get an opportunity to be on the panels and share their perspectives on the selected themes. Apply now and become part of a youth network from across the country and learn from each other’s experiences on human rights.
- Must be in the 18 – 30 years age group.
- Demonstrable interest and experience in the relevant theme of discussion
Please note, if you wish to be a speaker, please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject title ‘Conversations 18 Speaker’ and fill in the form below.
Deadline: 1 August 2018